Loose Change magazine invites emerging and established writers from Atlanta and beyond to submit their work to our first writing contest series, sponsored by Power2Give and The City of Atlanta. Please read below for contest details before submitting.
- All submissions will be judged by two guest editors per genre, as well as Loose Change staff.
- Poetry contest entries must be submitted by August 15 (which is also the Fall issue submission deadline).
- Prose contest entries must be submitted by November 15 (Winter issue deadline).
- All entries must be submitted online via our website submission form.
- All applicable works submitted during the contest period will be
considered contest entries. Loose Change magazine will continue its
rolling submissions policy during this time (for instance, any poetry
submitted during the prose contest cycle will be considered for a
subsequent issue of the magazine).
- All submission guidelines apply.
- No previously published or simultaneous submissions will be eligible to win.
- Contest winners will be notified by email prior to the publication of the contest issues.
- All prize money will be awarded by check by December 31, 2013.
- Three prizes (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will be awarded across each of the genres of Poetry, Fiction and Non-Fiction.
- Contest winners will be awarded cash prizes of $125 (1st Place), $75 (2nd Place), and $50 (3rd Place).
- All winners will be featured in Loose Change magazine’s Best Of anthology, to be printed in Spring 2014.
- The winners of the Poetry contest will be published and featured in Loose Change magazine’s Fall 2013 Poetry Issue.
- Fiction and Non-Fiction contest winners will be published and featured
in the Winter Prose Issue (publishing mid-December 2013).
Please contact our managing editor at email@example.com with any contest-related questions.