Bartleby Snopes Literary Magazine is looking for 1-2 new Assistant Editors. As an Assistant Editor, your primarily responsibilities will be:
- Read, vote, and comment on submissions in the queue
- Proof stories prior to publication
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Possess a passion for fiction
- Have a familiarity with the submission process
- Have read at least one full monthly issue of Bartleby Snopes
- Download this file containing 6 stories and unzip the stories.
- Read each story
- In a separate document, write a short (1-3 sentence) explanation why you would accept or decline each particular story
- Submit your explanations using this form
- Include a cover letter that highlights your writing/editing experience
We will be accepting applications for 3 weeks. We will notify all applicants by April 5th. We look forward to hearing from you.